Democratic Party Principles
- We believe that the best Government is one that operates efficiently, but not at the expense of people, ideas and values.
- We believe in a Government that stands on the sides of families – that listens and addresses their concerns.
- We believe there is no substitute for strong public participation in the election process to ensure fair representation within our government.
- We believe in the equality of all citizens and condemn any discrimination.
- We believe in a society that protects all citizens from violence and crime.
- We believe in a society that puts the health, safety and prosperity of its citizens first.
- We believe in a society that promotes excellence in education, quality in healthcare and a clean environment for all citizens.
- We believe in the rights of all citizens to achieve economic security, to find affordable housing, to find a good job as a livable wage and to have safe working conditions at their place of employment.
- We believe in the rights of all citizens to retire with the resources they need, and have earned, so they may adequately support themselves in their golden years.
- We believe in pursuing these ideals with honesty and integrity, and with respect for the freedoms that we are proud to call our own.
- We believe that all citizens benefit when we, as Democrats, meet our challenges together.
Reprinted with Permission - Source: David M. Farrell, former Chairman of the Clark County Democratic Party