PADC is very excited to support Ashley McMahon for City Council and we look forward to her fundraiser this coming Tuesday--please see details below and make every effort to attend or please make a donation here. It's going to be a close election and every penny you donate will go to direct voter contact.
Tonya Camden will join our Candidate's Forum on Thursday, October 12 to speak about the Renewal of the Wood County Human Services Levy to protect children and the elderly from abuse. This is not a new tax and has not increased since it was originally passed in 1988. More information may be downloaded below.
There will be two statewide issues on the ballot in November:
- State Issue 1: Rights for Crime Victims
- State Issue 2: To require state agencies to not pay more for prescription drugs than the federal Department of Veterans Affairs and require state payment of attorney fees and expenses to specific individuals for defense of the law
Please join us for the following upcoming events!
- NEW! Tuesday, October 3 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. at Maddie and Bella's Coffeehouse (117 Louisiana Ave, Perrysburg) there will be a wine tasting fundraiser to benefit Ashley Renee McMahon who is running for Perrysburg City Council. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- League of Women Voters Candidates' Forum
Sunday, October 8, doors open at 1:30 p.m., program starts at 2:00 p.m.
Holiday Inn French Quarter - Depot Meeting Room
- PADC Candidate's Forum
Way Public Library
Thursday, October 12 from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
- PADC Book Discussion Group meets at Gathering Volumes, our local independent bookstore, at 196 E. South Boundary St. on the 4th Sunday of the month at 2 p.m.
- October 22 – Dark Money – Jane Mayer
- November 19 – Animal Farm – George Orwell
- December 17 – Sold Out – Michelle Malkin
- January 28 – Man in the High Castle – Philip Roth
- February 25 – The Death and Life of the Great Lakes - Dan Egan
- NEW! Perrysburg Schools Foundation
Meet the Candidates Night for Perrysburg School Board
Wednesday, October 25 from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
Hull Prairie Intermediate School (25480 Hull Prairie Rd)